COMPARE REMOVAL QUOTES
Save up to 40% in 1 minute
Although it seems like furniture removals can be completed by yourself, it is a deceptively difficult task. Moving larger furniture like a corner sofa or a set of dining chairs is time consuming and tiring, so it is a good idea to hire the services of a professional furniture mover. Learn about furniture removal companies here.
The price of furniture removal
Before choosing a furniture removal company, it is important to get a general idea of the prices for their services. Factors such as distance, the type and amount of furniture, and additional delivery options affect the price of furniture movers. For example, on average, transporting furniture for a journey less than 50 miles costs £1.78 per mile while for longer hauls, the average cost drops to £0.40 per mile. The table below shows the prices of moving different kinds of furniture at various distances.
Furniture removal costs
|Type of Furniture|
1 - 50 Miles
50 - 150 Miles
150 - 300 Miles
£16 - £80
£32 - £96
£40 - £136
£16 - £48
£32 - £72
£44 - £104
£20 - £56
£48 - £80
£56 - £120
Finding the right company for you
The cost of moving furniture can vary greatly depending on distance, extra delivery requests, and the furniture itself. With many options, you have the opportunity to save on your furniture removal by comparing prices of local companies. To avoid incurring unexpected costs, it is in your best interest to request a moving quote. Fill in the form and within 24 hours, you will receive up to 6 quotes from furniture removal companies showcasing their best offers! The companies will provide you with detailed estimates catered to your needs.
How furniture removal companies handle your needs
Furniture movers specialize in packing, loading and unloading, and assembly of furniture articles. The company handles the packing of furniture, which involves disassembly, protective wrapping, and boxing up of articles. The movers oversee the loading and transporting of your furniture, using blankets, furniture pads, straps, and other moving equipment to ensure your furniture is in perfect condition. Additionally, removal companies offer storage services, which is useful If you are unable to move into your new home immediately.
Furniture removal options
Furniture removal companies offer different kinds of service that vary according to the level of assistance provided.
- Room to room removals – This is transport that comes with full-service assistance. The movers pack up your belongings, carry them through your hallways to load into the van, and place the furniture in their designated room. This option takes all the hassle away from your move.
- Courier or door-to-door – In this service, the movers load your furniture onto the van once the items have been made available at your front door then move it to your new property.
- Rental services – This involves renting a truck and hiring movers to help with loading and transport, which incurs additional costs since you must purchase packing supplies and complete the packing yourself. To be successful, read our removal van page to learn about the different type of vehicles and their respective advantages.
- Part Load – Movers will combine multiple customers’ loads on one shipment. This allows for a great time and costs savings; savings that are passed onto you, so it is perfect for when you want to move a few furniture pieces and are not pressed for time.
Whether you need to relocate furniture to your new home or deliver articles you have bought or sold online, removal companies are the best choice. Hiring a furniture removal company allows you to fully customize the level of service based on your situation.
The benefits of furniture removals
Moving furniture is a tough task that gets more difficult the larger the items you need to move. It requires plenty of planning and so it takes time; time that you should be spending on more important matters.
- Movers deal with the transport on your behalf, freeing up your time for your day to day affairs. If you have sold furniture on an online marketplace, removal companies ensure that it arrives at your customer on time.
- Why go through the ordeal of packing, loading, and transporting by yourself? Professional furniture movers lift this weight off your shoulders, ensuring that your move is as easy and relaxing as possible.
- Rather than risking your items through improper loading, let movers handle your possessions with care and expertise. Removalists use specialized equipment and methods to protect your furniture, ensuring that your belongings arrive unharmed.
- With extensive removals insurance coverage, removal companies provide compensation for loss and damage, giving you the peace of mind you deserve.
Find the cheapest mover quickly and easily
The house moving process takes a lot of planning, and choosing the right removal option for you is not always easy. However, if you send a quote request by filling in our form, you will receive 6 price offers by 6 moving companies. In only 1 minute, you will see the various options available to you, save up to 40%, and find the mover with the greatest value for your money.