COMPARE REMOVAL QUOTES
Save up to 40% in 1 minute
Cheap Man With A Van
Do you need some professional help with your house move, but do you also want to keep the costs down? A cheap man with a van is what you need. Find out everything about the prices and services of a cheap man with a van in this article.
How much does a cheap man with a van cost?
Man with a van costs vary considerably among individual services. These factors can affect the price of a man with a van’s quote for a removal job:
- The distance involved
- The number of items to be moved
- The type of vehicle used
- The hourly rate
Some areas of the UK can be a bit more expensive than others but we have created a comparison price table based on average prices per hour for rental services so you can gain some insight into the likely cost of your job:
The average man with a van rental rates (per hour with 2-hour minimum)
|Type of van||1 man||2 men||3 men||4 men|
Let a man with a van ease the strain of a stressful house move. It can be hard to find and choose a cheap man with a van so we’ve made the whole process really straightforward. Simply complete the online quote request and you’ll be able to instantly compare the prices of six local ‘man with a van’ operators. You’ll be able to compare their prices and services at a glance, so you can potentially save hundreds of pounds in moving costs. This service is absolutely free and you are under no obligation to take up one of these offers.
The many advantages of using a cheap man with a van
You might not have previously considered using the services of a man with a van, but there are many reasons why local self-employed businessmen can provide the service you need at highly competitive prices. It’s well-known that most people find moving house one of the most stressful times of their lives. Many people often leave packing and booking a removal service until the last minute. Using an experienced and friendly local team, who can come round at short notice can really take the pressure off at a difficult time. Cheap ‘man with a van’ teams can usually offer a greater degree of flexibility than large companies, and also offer a range of other services. These might include:
- Household and office removals
- The collection and disposal of large, bulky items such as sofas and even pianos
- Garden waste disposal
Packing services might incur an additional fee. If you want to save money on your move, it’s best to do your own packing. However, using the services of a self-employed person means saving you valuable time, and is definitely much cheaper than taking several days off work.
Not just for house moves
Depending on the size of the job, local companies have a range of vehicles, from small transit vans ideal for small removal or collection jobs to large lorries with tail lifts, perfect for large house moves. Try to make a good estimation of the removal van size together with the man with a van, since a smaller van will be cheaper. For more information about the type of vehicles used by a self-employed ‘man with a van’ operations, please look at our removal vans page.
There are so many situations when a cheap man with a van can literally save the day. You might have just treated yourself to a new three-piece-suite and need to dispose of your old one. No problems, your friendly local chap can quickly arrange a collection at your convenience. Perhaps you’ve bought a new appliance such as a washing machine or a fridge freezer? The great thing about using a man with a van rather than hiring a van and driving it yourself is that you don’t have to do the difficult loading and unloading yourself. No need to strain your back – pay someone a very reasonable hourly rate to do it for you.
Tips for finding the ideal cheap man with a van
If you have never used a man with a van before, read our essential tips to ensure you get exactly the service you need at a price that is right for you.
- First of all, the quote. Ask if it is a fixed quote and check that it won’t increase after the house move has been completed. Check that there won’t be any additional charges, such as waiting times or even petrol charges. You don’t want any extra costs to hit you after the expense of a house move. On this note, it’s also important to ask whether the fee is per hour or for the entire job. If the price quoted is per hour, the cost of moving your items may be considerably affected by traffic delays or if you have to wait for the keys to your new home. Getting it clear in advance exactly what the service covers is the key to a successful and cheap man with a van move.
- If you need a large house move, for example, you could save money by providing extra manpower yourself from your family and friends. Find out how many people are on his team and if he is happy for you to assist loading and unloading the van.
- If you are booking a man with a van for a house move, ask if he thinks it will take more than one trip. the more trips and the longer it will take, the more it is likely to cost.
- Choose a smart moving date. Most movers charge more during weekends and bank holidays. Do you want to move cheap? Plan your move on a weekday.
Tips for getting to know your cheap man with a van
- It’s a good idea to find out if he will need to complete a pre-move survey. This is a sign of a professional, experienced and cost-effective man with a van. A pre-move survey involves the person visiting your home before the removal date to gauge the size and weight of your goods. It is essential so that he knows the size and type of van required for the job and whether any extra manpower is likely to be needed. A pre-move survey is more likely to make the move go successfully and smoothly.
- You’ll also need to feel confident that the vehicle is large enough to cope with the items in question so a pre more survey will also allow you to feel more confident that the man with a van knows his business. An overloaded vehicle puts other road users at risk and is even in danger of being stopped by the VOSA. You can also check that the van is in good working condition and not rattly and rusty.
- Finally, find out as much as you can about the team. Ask family and friends for recommendations. A local Facebook community group can be a good source for up-to-date information about any local man with a van operation. Read online reviews which will likely provide honest information about their costs and should help you to work out whether they will help you to save money. Don’t be shy when it comes to asking about their experience and credentials. It is also a good idea to check their insurance is valid.
A cheap man with a van is the ideal way of saving costs
Using a cheap man with a van is the best way to cut down costs on your moving day. A good local service will have the knowledge and experience to stack your items safely and efficiently so you can relax and enjoy moving to your new home. Use our free no-obligation quote service to find the best man with a van for you. Contacting several teams in one hit so you can immediately compare their prices and services is the most sensible and cost-effective way of finding your cheap man with a van.