You’ve come to the right place if you’re moving house soon and are now looking for removal companies in Watford. We’ve compiled the best tips for hiring a moving company and making your move as stress-free as possible.
Find moving companies in Watford
Below you find removal companies active in Watford.
Which factors affect the cost of removal companies in Watford?
Here, you’ll find some of the things that impact your move’s price. Don’t forget these will be important for removal companies in Watford to know about.
- Move size: The less you take, the cheaper the move. Toss out anything you don’t need to take, and your wallet will thank you.
- Type of truck/van: Big moves require big vehicles, and big vehicles come with higher prices.
- Distance to cover: The further you move, the more you’ll pay.
- Additional services: Movers in Watford usually offer extras like cleaning, furniture dismantling, and other services to make your move smoother.
- Move date: The best rule of thumb is to move outside of summer months on a weekday to keep costs down.
Below is a breakdown of the removal costs as well as packing costs for 1-4 bedroom house.
|Number of bedrooms||Removal Costs||Extra (packing and assembling furniture||Total Costs|
Contact removal companies in Watford today and save on your move!
You’re a few clicks away from getting customised quotes for movers in Watford. Fill out our online quote request form to receive up to 6 quotes and save on your move.There’s no obligation to use the companies who provide quotes, and the best part is that it’s free. Compare prices from removal companies in Watford and decide on the one that meets your exact needs.
Examples of average costs for removal companies
The total distance to-be-travelled is among one of the most important factors that affect the total cost of removal companies in Watford. The further away your destination is from your current home, the more you’ll have to pay for you removal. Some movers in Watford either charge a certain amount per hour plus another per mile or simply charge a specific amount per mile. For example, if you move from Watford to Ipswich, you can expect and extra cost of £1 per mile for an average of £40 more on the total.
Aside from the cost of removal and additional services you add-on, there are certain factors that will affect your total cost. Being aware of these during your planning phase will help you identify areas to save on your removals in Watford.
Time of year: Do you plan to move during the weekend or on a weekday? What about on a federal holiday? Are you flexible on dates?
Accessibility: Is it easy to access your current home and your new one to pick up and deliver your belongings?
Mode of transport: What type of vehicle is needed to make the move happen?
How to best prepare for your move to Watford
Preparing your house removal in Watford can take some time. For this reason below you find some useful moving house tips on how to get ready for your removal day:
- Remember to change your address
The first important step is to change your address. This is important when it comes to paying your local taxes. Find out about the deadlines that must be met when registering in your new city.
- Keep your utilities up to date
Of course, you may move at a time that does not exactly coincide with your billing cycle. If this is the case, it is highly recommended that you inform your utilities about your move as soon as possible.
- Sell some things
The main factor in the price of your move is how much stuff you’ll take. If you own things that you no longer want, you might be able to sell them.
- Donate or throw some old stuff
When moving to Watford, you might want to think about the things you really don’t need to bring. Even if you can’t sell it, you can save money by getting rid of stuff you don’t want or need anymore.
- Pack with enough time in advance
If you want a speedy moving day, then packing in advance is a great idea. You can also bring costs down by packing everything yourself and having it ready for the movers in Watford.
When should you request quotes from removal companies in Watford?
Moving house is a process no one looks forward to. Packing, cleaning, disassembling furniture, forwarding mail, and contacting utility companies takes a lot of time and effort, so the sooner you start preparing for the move, the easier life will be when the movers in Watford come around.
We suggest to contact moving companies at least 6 weeks before your moving day: this allows both you and the company to prepare everything on time. Below you find a short checklist that can help you moving.
6-9 weeks before the move:
- Make a detailed inventory. Take note of each item and decide whether you want to keep, donate, sell, or discard.
- Start decluttering. Every move, no matter how big or small will involve throwing some items away, selling, or simply organising them. The sooner you start working on decluttering, the easier the rest of your move will be.
5-6 weeks before the move:
- Decide on a removal company. Make sure to fill out a moving quote to see which removal companies in Watford can take control of your move. If needed, arrange a home survey.
- Start packing. Start with the items you don’t need on a day-to-day basis. Categorise them into boxes by the type of room.
2-3 weeks before the move:
- Make travel arrangements. If your new home is in another city that is far away, make hotel reservations and get your car serviced.
- Gather your personal documents. Set aside your important documents so that you don’t lose them in between all of the moving parts inside your home.
Look for the best deals and local removal companies
Are you ready to find the right moving company for you? Your next step is sending a quote request to reliable removal companies in Watford. If you see multiple price quotes in one place, you can easily figure out which one offers the best value for money. With a savings potential of up to 40%, you benefit enormously from comparing several offers. Fill out our no-obligation inquiry form and receive up to 6 removal offers. In this way, you increase your chances of a successful and easy move in Watford. Our experienced movers in Watford are happy to help and answer any questions you may have.