Are you planning on moving house soon and are now searching for local removal companies in Leicester? Here, we cover the costs and services involved when hiring a removal company as well as important tips for your move.
Removal companies in Leicester
Receive quotes from Leicester removal companies
Discover which companies match your requirements in a matter of minutes.
48 moving companies in Leicester
Below you find removal companies active in Leicester.
Rushden, Derby, Coventry, Milton Keynes, Peterborough
Express Moving Ltd
Careline Moving & Storage
Hemel Hempstead HP2 7DU
Global Moving Services Ltd
Midlands Removals and Storage
Coventry, Warwickshire & Leicestershire
Legend Removals Ltd
P D Richards Ltd
R P Removals
European Removal Services Ltd
Aspin International Removals
Mannix Brothers Removals
London Archives & Storage Limited
Essex / London
What are the Costs For Removal Companies in Leicester?
The average cost of removal companies in Leicester for a 2-bedroom house within the UK ranges between £400 to £900. This is calculated based on a variety of factors including, the total distance (point A to point B), total volume weight to be transported, mode of transport, and any additional services, such as packaging, disassembly, storage, and/or cleaning.
In the table below, we break down the removal costs for a 2-bedroom house with packing, disassembly, storage, and cleaning services selected.
|Removal||Loading, transporting, and unloading your belongings from point A to point B.||£500|
|Packing||Expert packing of items and furniture||£125|
|Disassemble||Taking down furniture||£75|
|Storage||Use of storage facility||£75|
|Cleaning||Professional cleaning services||£150|
|Total||2-bedroom house removals||£900|
You may not need additional services depending on the number of belongings and the distance between your current and future home. However, being aware of the services and costs available will help you determine where you can save money.
Find Removal Companies in Leicester Today to Save on Your Move
You’re a few clicks away from getting customised quotes for movers in Leicester. Fill out our online quote request form to receive up to 6 quotes and save on your move.There’s no obligation to use the companies who provide quotes, and the best part is that it’s free. Compare prices from removal companies in Leicester and decide on the one that meets your exact needs.
Moving with kids? Why a Local Removal Company in Leicester is Convenient
When moving with kids, the work begins even earlier than usual. It’s important to get your kids involved in the process and having fun with it from the beginning so that it becomes something to look forward to.
If your current home is not too far from your future home, it’s a good idea to look for local removal companies in Leicester that specialise in same day moves. Moving in one day will minimise the number of unfamiliar environments that your kids will have to deal with and make for an easier transition.
Maintaining as regular a schedule as possible will help your kids feel more comfortable during the whole process. Movers in Leicester can vary quite a bit in price especially since there are more who are willing to do short moves, for example to Northampton or Chesterfield, so the best way to save money is to compare a handful of quotes to make sure that you are getting the best deal possible on your move.
Removals in Leicester and the surrounding area
When looking for a removal company in Leicester, don’t forget to consider moving expert that operate in the surrounding area. To help you finding the best match for your removal, we have compiled a lists of the best reviews moving companies in each city.
Removal Companies in Leicester and Cities Closeby
Tips for Making the Moving Day Stress-Free
If you want to have a stress-free moving day, moving checklists and preparation are highly suggested. Below we offer you some suggestion to make your removal easy.
- Ask your removal company in Leicester for an estimated time-frame for their work so that you can schedule a cleaning service to stop by once the movers are all done.
- Don’t forget to consider how long it will be until you’re into your new place so that you can pack accordingly and keep your essentials clothes at hand.
- It may go without saying, but make sure you wake up well before the movers arrive to avoid any time crunch once they’re at your door. Plan out a quick but energizing breakfast that you can prepare the night before to avoid having to do much on the big day.
- Maybe even run out to a local café to pick something up so you can have everything completely packed. If you bring some coffee or snacks for the movers in Leicester, they’ll be sure to take extra special care of your belongings.
Top Questions to Ask Removal Companies in Leicester
Be aware and take control of the logistics of your move by asking the right questions to removal companies in Leicester. The more questions you ask, the more comfortable you’ll feel when placing your belongings in the hands of the movers.
Below are some questions we recommend asking movers in Leicester to ensure everything goes according to plan:
- Ask the removal company to send a surveyor to your home to review your belongings to be transported. This is also a great opportunity to ask for the type of vehicle that would best make sense.
- If you’re in need of moving any large and bulky items, ask the movers if they have special equipment to facilitate the move.
- Ask if they offer packing boxes. Some removal companies offer discounts on boxes, so it’s worth asking!
- Ask the removal firm for storage facilities if you’re in need of one.
- Look up the removal company’s website and search for the organisations they’re a part of, such as The British Association of Removers (BAR).
- Inquire about their removals insurance. Check whether you need to supplement this as most insurances do not cover goods while in transit.
Look for The Best Deals and Local Removal Companies
Are you ready to find the right moving company for you? Your next step is sending a quote request to reliable removal companies in Leicester. If you see multiple price quotes in one place, you can easily figure out which one offers the best value for money. With a savings potential of up to 40%, you benefit enormously from comparing several offers. Fill out our no-obligation inquiry form and receive up to 6 removal offers. In this way, you increase your chances of a successful and easy move in Leicester. Our experienced movers in Leicester are happy to help and answer any questions you may have.